Sunday 14 April 2013

Some Fashion Research, Some Architectural Design

Quick update, this one, seeing as I have an interim tomorrow and I can really be wasting time writing blogs, no matter how erudite, witty and generally brilliant they may be.

I have a site, and a 'driver' to base the scheme around, to wit fashion. The scheme will cover the Design, Production and Dissemination stages as the 3 main points in the fashion industry, along with all sorts of other associated programs (public spaces, college buildings, god-knows-whats etc). I have started designing primary spatial arrangements of the site based on these criteria, and this section of the design really comes from the architectural background and the reading I've been doing on Urban Regeneration (Towards an Urban Renaissance, Collage City).


In conjunction, I have to examine the above processes more carefully to get an idea of the individual buildings. The supply line, from design to Top Shop, can be broken down as follows:

  • Product Design
  • Procurement 
  • Production
  • Demand Management
  • Distribution
I'm working on individual collages for each which will then, hopefully, come together to form one big drawing. As a start, here's the product design effort, drawing parallels with architectural design as it goes:
More to follow, I imagine...

In the shape of the production line:
Display/presentation:
NB: I'm thinking there are two stages to this. The first (this collage) comes before the production stage and can be equated with the architectural crit. The second comes after the production and is how the work is presented to the public at large, i.e. the finished building, not the presentation to the client.  

All together:


No comments:

Post a Comment